Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Chronicles of Marnia Continues

Take a gander at this picture of Paris Hilton and her new pink Bentley. Notice anything special about this tabloid photo? Well, check out the little hungry girl in the background wearing her lime green REI windbreaker headed home for lunch from her job at the children's bookstore. Yep, that's me. As I waited to cross the street, I saw her pull up (who didn't) and as I crossed she began to get out, and I thought, "oh shit, there are about 30 people taking pictures of me". So today I checked out my favorite gossip blog (socialite life) and lo and behold, there I was. Honestly, I was more excited than I should have been. I love that blog, almost as much as I love this blog. Unfortunately it was kind of hard to get home and there was some inconvenient and awkward shuffling past Paris, her new BFF (seriously, and have you seen that show?), and all the photogs. It's just so hard being famous, what can I say.
Continuing my glamorous life of seasonal gift wrapping, errand running (today my boss at the bookstore actually sent me to another bookstore to buy a book), and cat vaccinating, I'm going to japan in two days to pay chado sensei a little visit, so I'm sure that we'll write soon. He's saving a nice beer for us to share so I'm sure we'll tell you all about it. I was actually going to write earlier about this beer that my dad has been drinking lately. It was going to be a silly little piece on an exTKE enjoying a miraculously %14 beer in his golden years, but it turns out that two months ago he went to USC homecoming and got completely wasted at the TKE tent beforehand on bacardi 151. He forgot to eat breakfast and lunch and only remembers getting to his seat before the game, realizing he was going to puke and running to the bathroom. The next 5 hours I guess are a blur. He was carried home by his old roomate (a doctor) and brought home to my stepmother (also a doctor) where they monitored him for a few hours before deciding he didn't need to go to the hospital. Needless to say, he hasn't been drinking for a while. By the way, my dad only threw up from drinking once before (on his 21st birthday). Moral of the story is, nothing ever changes... except your alcohol tolerance. TKE forever or whatever. Can't wait to be there to take all of you to the hospital when you make bad decisions at the age of 54. Awwwwwwww. Love Marnie

2 comments:

Tamara said...

Marnie Burgoyne, I love you and miss you. I think I was supposed to call you back about 3 and a half months ago. Sorry. I know you're big and famous now (hobnobbing with Paris and all), but I want to talk to you when you get back from Japan (HOW EXCITING!). Be ready to catch me up on every single thing that's happened to you, big and little, since I talked to you last. Safe travels!

Eli said...

If we issued demerits, I would definitely nominate you for one for referring to Chad as "chado sensei" (and also another for having a "favorite gossip blog").

These hypothetical demerits would all be forgiven, though, if you created a Facebook account and posted that You/Paris picture as your profile picture.

Safe traveling tomorrow, and be sure to wish everyone a Happy Hannukah!